RideWest 2020 COVID Plan
The RideWest 2020 event is committed to raising much needed funds for the Royal Flying Doctor Service mental health program Wellbeing Out West. Our passion for this cause and the dedication of our cyclists and support crew have meant that we have decided to move forward with the 2020 event despite the challenging conditions that have been presented through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rest assured that we are taking this very seriously and have implemented a plan to assist us with delivering this event in a safe way. We are following the Queensland Government’s COVID Safe Event Checklist and have also developed a Preparedness Plan for our ride on the 3rd – 9th October.
- Coordinated with local health officials and are in constant review of advice from Queensland Government and the public health directions.
- Contacted all meeting spaces, hotels, and venues to confirm their COVID Safe Industry plans are in place.
- We have mandated that all cyclists and support crew will undertake a COVID test before we depart on 3 October.
- We have all infection control materials available (including hand sanitiser, disinfectants sprays and wipes, and personal protective equipment available if requested including gloves and face masks)
- All support crew are undergoing infection control training.
- We are maintaining a record of all attendees for contact tracing purposes.
- We have determined steps for identifying and isolating attendees should they become unwell (including daily temperature testing).
- We will frequently disinfect surfaces that are repeatedly touched by support crew or riders.
- We will display signage at all stopping points including our statement of compliance and the following COVID safe messages:
- This is a COVID Safe site.
- Contact details are required for tracing purposes upon entry.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Follow the rules and keep us all safe.
For anyone that is planning to attend a RideWest event, please stay home if you are unwell, you will be denied entry should you have or show symptoms that may place persons at risk, or endanger or impact on public health. Your details will be recorded for contact tracing purposes and you will be required to disinfect your hands and socially distance throughout this event.
Our Riders COVID Safety While Training
Before an outdoor ride, our ride captain will take a minute to share the following COVID Safe messages:
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please stay at home.
- If you become unwell during a ride please let a rider leader or the ride captain know ASAP so you can be removed from the group, and alternative transport can be arranged.
- Please try to keep 1.5 meters away from each other while riding (where possible), and particularly when we stop at lights, for mechanicals, toilet stops or for coffee.
- Hand sanitizer will be carried by Rob Sendall, John Sloman. Petrea Sloman & Alex Griffiths – please let them know if you require some.
- Please adhere to physical distancing protocols – no hugging, hand shaking or physical touching with each other before, during and after the ride.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please try to do so into your elbow and be mindful of others.
- Do not share water bottles or food items.
- We encourage you to download the COVIDSafe App and have your Bluetooth on during the ride. If needed, your contact details will be given to Queensland Health for contact tracing purposes.