A challenging 1200km bike ride over 7 days, across terrain that personifies outback Queensland, meanders through remote local towns and brings you in touch with personalities at the heart of Australia’s community culture.
RideWest usually takes place in April every second year, however due to the circumstances surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we had to postpone the 2020 ride. The exciting news is that with restrictions easing in QLD in July, we’ve been able to confirm that RideWest 2020 will take place from the 3 – 9 October 2020.
What we provide
- Up to 40 riders in the peleton
- Fully escorted ride. Police escorts on day one, and fully piloted the entire trip
- Team of approximately 12 support staff
- Medic in escort vehicle immediately behind riders, with
on board defibulator and full Royal Flying Doctors Service
medicine chest and satellite phone
- Full radio contact between ride leaders and support
- All meals and shared accommodation for the week
- Return flights to Brisbane
- 2 full riding kits
- Fruit, snacks and other ride consumables
- Hydralyte & bottled drinking water
- Ice baths