A challenging 1200km bike ride over 7 days, across terrain that personifies outback Queensland, meanders through remote local towns and brings you in touch with personalities at the heart of Australia’s community culture.
The 2020 ride was due to take place in April, however due to the current circumstances surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have decided to postpone the ride until later in the year. At this point we are hoping to re-schedule the ride for late September or early October. Further information will be released as it is available.
What we provide
- Up to 40 riders in the peleton
- Fully escorted ride. Police escorts on day one, and fully piloted the entire trip
- Team of approximately 12 support staff
- Medic in escort vehicle immediately behind riders, with
on board defibulator and full Royal Flying Doctors Service
medicine chest and satellite phone
- Full radio contact between ride leaders and support
- All meals and shared accommodation for the week
- Return flights to Brisbane
- 2 full riding kits
- Fruit, snacks and other ride consumables
- Hydralyte & bottled drinking water
- Ice baths